DIGITAL NEGATIVES FOR ALTERNATIVE PRINTING PROCESSES
In this one-day workshop, we will walk you through a very successful and user-friendly digital negative workflow to learn how to edit your digital images and print them on an alternative transparency film. This will allow you from the start to have access to proper digital negatives meant specifically for the printing processes of your choice, such as Salt or Albumen prints and Cyanotypes.
Learn how to select an image for alternative printing, enhance your settings for your hardware, determine a standard exposure time, find the right UV-blocker, normalize the tonality and create a corrective graduation curve in a photo-editing program to print the correct digital negative for your alternative printing process and paper of choice.
- Introduction into transparent digital negatives
- Basic steps in creating a digital negative
- Finding the correct mid-tones
- Creating the digital negative
- Making Salt prints or cyanotypes from the digital negatives
- Making Corrections to the negative
The workshop will take place with at least 2 binding registrations.